Title

Sometimes the moments we feel most lost are the ones in which we find ourselves

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Run Run Run Run Everybody Run Run

My workouts for the last 3 days have included running. On Sunday I did a timed 2 mile run. It was slow, but I did it all without stopping so that felt really good. Yesterday, we did 4 rounds of a 400 meter run and 50 squats. That was killer because your legs feel like jello after all the squats plus it was rather chilly last night. But I didn’t stop once on any of the runs or even cheat and make a wide turn at the end. That felt amazing! Then this morning we did 5 rounds of 400 meter run and 15 snatch. I only did 35 pounds and I really should have gone heavier. But the 5 rounds of running in the cold morning air was hard. But again, I did it. I think I maybe walked a total of 10 steps the whole workout and was happy with that.

Again, I am not the fastest runner, but I am not super worried about that. I just want to be able to do it first and then I will worry about getting faster. Running still scares me and I have to admit when I walked into the gym this morning I was trying to think of any excuse possible not to run again. The old me probably would have thought of something lame and punked out. While I still have those urges and the thought that I can’t do it, they are slowly fading from my mind. I know that the run is hard, but the only way to get over that is to work on it. Every run gets easier. I don’t know that it will ever be easy and I am not sure that I want it to be. I have learned that easy doesn’t get you very far in life. But once you can face your fear and address your weaknesses, you can only get stronger. And for me, that is the name of the game. I am thinking I might even jump on the treadmill tonight while watching Biggest Loser. The day when I can just go out for a run with friends and keep up and enjoy myself is a day that I really look forward to.

No comments: