Title

Sometimes the moments we feel most lost are the ones in which we find ourselves

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Not So Hot

Usually I feel great after a workout. Energized, pumped, ready to face anything. Tonight...not so much. The WOD was max rounds in 20 mins of 150 m row, 10 in and outs, and 15 box jumps. I love to row so no issue there. But box jumps are really something I have to work on and I am SLOW at them when I jump. But nothing I can't deal with so I was ok there too. It was those in and outs that killed me. First of all, my upper body strength is nowhere close to where it needs to be. Second, my coordination was just off. And once I feel defeated, it is hard for me to get my head right again. I only finished 6 rounds and started on my 7th. For me, this was one of the harder workouts we have had in a long time. Harder than the mile run and deadlifts. Harder than the flying barbell. Give me a run any day over tonight's workout. And it frustrates me because my upper body is something that I feel is not getting obviously stronger. I know I am, but I don't think I am where I should be. But the only way to get stronger is to work on it and do the things that scare us. So junk mood or no, I just have to suck it up and chalk it up to a growing process. Tomorrow is a new day and will bring a new workout!

No comments: