Title

Sometimes the moments we feel most lost are the ones in which we find ourselves

Monday, January 5, 2009

The Road Less Traveled


This was me 2 years. I have copies of these pictures in my car and my husband always asks me why I keep them around. There are two reasons for this. First, it motivates me. I NEVER want to get back to this point. Ever. I should never have let myself get there to begin with, but now I know better and use these pictures to remind me of what I am working to get away from.
The second reason is because these pictures make me feel good. Weird, perhaps. But I look at these pictures and I say,"Wow. Look at what you have done!" Yes it is hard to reflect back on the many years of my life spent in that body. But mostly it makes me happy because I know that I have done something amazing for myself. On days when I don't feel like my workout went that great or when progress feels slow, I think about the huge steps I have already taken. Yes, it might take another year or two years to get to where I want to be. But I am already ahead of the game. Looking at these pictures makes me stop and really realize how far I have come. Body image is a weird thing and I have no idea what my body really looks like. Sometimes I don't feel that different from the girl in those pictures. But I am. Physically, mentally, and emotionally. I am so greatful to the people who have helped me get to where I am and who continue to struggle with me to keep on the right path.

No comments: