Title

Sometimes the moments we feel most lost are the ones in which we find ourselves

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy New Year!

Tomorrow is Chinese (lunar) New Year and since I didn't get around to making any profound observations on January 1st, here is my go at it.

Looking back on the past year, there is really nothing more I could have asked for. For one, I got through my first year of marriage to my great husband Keith. I got a new job, I started on the road towards graduate school, and I got my cat Romo who has been nothing but a joy in my life. I have really become an adult and I no longer feel like I am struggling to find my way. I have also done things this year that I never thought I would be able to or even want to. I have gotten stronger, faster, and in general smarter about working out. I started eating on the Zone, which has done amazing things for me physically and mentally. The urges to cheat and sneak food are pretty much gone. I am cooking almost all my meals instead of heating up frozen diners or pre-packaged food. I am pushing myself to get uncomfortable and do things that are difficult and challenging. Who would have thought that I would go on 3 mile runs just for fun? I have met some of the most amazing and supportive people at Crossfit Central who are nothing but supportive and a lot of fun. 2008 was probably one of the most significant years in my life and I will always think of it as a changing point in my life.

What of the year to come? I just want tot ake things to the next level. Keep working like I have been, but just go beyond even my own expectations. I want to finally accomplish the major goal that I set out to do, which was to get below 150. But it has become about so much more than that now. I want to do all my push ups on my toes, do a pull up, do the suggested weight on our WODs, and take my fitness outside of the gym and start enjoying all that Austin has to offer. I think my life in on the right track and I just need need to keep up with all the things I have begun already. I want this year to be full of the unexpected and cross my fingers that I will be able to overcome any obstacle that might come my way.

No comments: