Title

Sometimes the moments we feel most lost are the ones in which we find ourselves

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Personal Growth

Yesterday I wrote about workout/fitness/health goals. Equally important, I think, are personal goals. So today I thought I would spend a little time trying to figure out some of things I want to accomplish in order to enrich my life.

Get involved in Hula
Start singing again
Find a church/spiritual community I feel comfortable with and attend regularly
Make more time for Keith/have more date nights
Go out more often and enjoy my 20’s!
See more live music
Volunteer
Do yoga
Join Austin Outrigger Canoe Club
Get a dog
Begin graduate school
Go to the theater more often
Learn to cook
Reconnect with old friends

I don’t really have dates for these things. A lot of them are contingent upon where I get into graduate school because that determines if we are staying here or moving out of state. It is a rather liminal (look it up) time for me because there is a lot of uncertainty in my life and it is hard for me to make long term plans because I really don’t know where I am going to end up. But I will hopefully know something soon and begin planning out the next steps.
But in general, the above list is just the things I have been thinking about for a long time, planning on doing, and just haven’t made time for them. I have to remember that while my health is a huge priority, I also have to give myself enough time to enjoy the other things in life. It is all about balance. So if anyone has any suggestions on how to incorporate these things, knows of any good local organizations that I can get involved with, or has similar interests and wants a buddy to do them with, just let me know! (Only you cannot participate in date night because that would just be awkward :o)

No comments: