Title

Sometimes the moments we feel most lost are the ones in which we find ourselves

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Missing Class

We have had some "bad" weather the last 2 days. In Austin, that usually means that it is cold and windy with the smallest tiniest chance that there might be some moisture in the air so they put us under a severe weather watch. When I went to Mike's class last night, it was cold, but not unbearable. Then I heard AM classes were cancelled due to the threat of icy roads. I can appreciate that. Even though nothing happened and it would have just been a really cold morning, it is better safe than sorry.

Although I wasn't really looking forward to getting up at 5:00 the next morning to freeze during my workout, it feels weird to miss a day. I missed a class a few weeks ago because I forgot to set my alarm, and my whole week was off. Going to my Tuesday/Thursday 5:30 am class has become such a part of my life now that it is definitely an odd feeling when I break that routine. I miss seeing the people in my class and the jump start to my day that I get from finishing a hard WOD before the sun even comes up. It really goes to show me what a huge part of my life crossfit and CrossFit Central have become. I cannot thank the people enough who challenge, motivate and encourage me to push beyond my limits. Even though most of my workouts still intimidate me, I look forward to them because the feeling you get when you are finished is unparalleled.

No comments: