Title

Sometimes the moments we feel most lost are the ones in which we find ourselves

Monday, December 22, 2008

Funk, sweat, and smiles

I was in a bad mood today. Maybe it was because it was Monday or because it was cold out or because I just want to be on vacation already. Oh, it may have been the fact that I didn't give in yesterday and eat the burger and I was up 2 pounds. Whatever it was, I was not feeling it. Everyone was annoying me and the normal things I don't let get to me were really pissing me off. I don't think it helped that we had our Christmas lunch at work and they got Matt's El Rancho to cater. After yesterday, I was not wanting to be around a lot of people eating a lot of high calorie, high fat foods. But what I realized was that I wasn't really annoyed that I couldn't eat it, but rather that everyone else had a problem with me no eating it. I always get, "One meal isn't going to hurt" or "You need to eat more." No. I don't. I eat more than enough I just don't eat a bunch of junk that has empty calories and them complain the rest of the day that I feel sick and am too full. What is even more annoying is when people say they care about what they eat and care about being healthy and then time after time after time eat crap. I know everyone is different and one meal won't hurt some. But it will hurt me. And it is hard for me to take you seriously when you say you are on a diet and then eat 3 cookies and a pint of queso.

Anyway, I was in a bad mood and was going to just go home and be un a funk. but instead, Zachary invited me to come to his bootcamp to see what it was like. So I went after some support from Keith and I am so happy I did. It was super cold and a lot more cardio than we do at the gym. But it was great. It is fun to push yourself in new ways and get in something different. It may sound silly to some, but that workout got me out of my bad mood. Nothing like burning lungs and frozen fingers to put a smile on your face! I am so glad that I went and I need to remember this the next time I try to talk myself out of working out. Thanks, Zachary, for pushing me harder than I would push myself and thank you Keith for supporting me even when I am hard to deal with.

No comments: