Title

Sometimes the moments we feel most lost are the ones in which we find ourselves

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It Has Begun!!!


I haven't written in awhile and I am now a whole week into my New York experience! Crazy. I promise to write more, as there is a lot going on. But for now, this is what I wrote on the plane ride over here:

The time has finally come. i am sitting on the plane headed for New York City. The experience thus far has been surreal. I haven't felt a lot of build up or anticipation. I am not particularly anxious or nervous. I am just doing it. Living in the moment. Trying to deal with things as they come.

I think this has something to do with the fact that I am 25. Not that that is terribly old or something. But I certainly have a perspective on life that I didn't have when I was in college. I used to plan and organize for situations like this weeks in advance. Write and re-write lists and things I had to accomplish. I would get so nervous about the upcoming flight of move or change that it would consume me for long time beforehand. This time things feel different. I am so sad to leave Keith and my parents. Even saying goodbye to my cat, Romo made me cry. and you would think that going off on my own to NYC would be clear cause for panic, fear, paranoia. But I feel pretty calm.

I know the next year will be amazing and difficult and bring with it experiences I cannot even predict or anticipate. So why try to see into the future? I would easily get overwhlemed if I started to think about all the things that I have to organize and finalize and figure out in the next few weeks, so why let it ruin my time? Of course this is easy to say now, before things have even begun. But I really feel like I am going to just soak it all in. Live my life. Enjoy every moment of it and take advantage of every opportunity.

So if you are interested in keeping up to date on my adventures, follies, and general state of mind, check back often. Wish me luck and come visit!!!

No comments: