Title

Sometimes the moments we feel most lost are the ones in which we find ourselves

Friday, January 29, 2010

You know what they say about pain...


So one of the last times I went to a workout with Mike at Crossfit Gotham, I walked away with a lovely gash from box jumps. This was over a month ago and I still have a huge mark on my leg that hasn't totally healed yet. This is the second time to have had a boxjump fail and walked away with an egg on my leg (hahaha...so funny). Needless to say, it makes me nervous to jump again. When I was home over break, I went to one Crossfit Central workout and of course, we did box jumps. Mine were pathetic and most of them were step ups. Pathetic step ups even. It made me realize that you have to be fearless if you want all the hard work to be worthwhile. Why work hard to get your body there if your mind is just going to stand in the way? So, 2010 will be the year of getting out of my own way. Thinking less, and letting my body do what it needs to do. I know that is easier said than done and I am fully aware that I over-think just about everything in life. But tomorrow I am going to hit my workout hard, finish strong, and see where it takes me.

In other news, my re-commitment to eating well is coming along. I have been slacking still on my workouts, but today that all changes.

Today's workout:
2 mile run
50 sit ups

Nothing amazing, but you have to start somewhere.

No comments: