Title

Sometimes the moments we feel most lost are the ones in which we find ourselves

Sunday, January 24, 2010

It is time!

It is time. In all honestly, well past time. Since moving to New York, I have been full of excuses. Some valid, others not so much. But slowly, the person I worked so hard to become has been slipping away. The habits I worked on getting rid of have crept back into my life. That is not to say that I have thrown in the towel. But I have made some poor choices. So, I am done with that. I am tired of feeling like a victim, like I have to chose between working on my mind or working on my body, and as though I have no control over how I think, feel and look.

Today is a new day. A day I have had a few times before. Full of determination and conviction. I know the steps, I know how to be successful. I just give up or give in. But I am a 25 year old 4.0 GPA grad student at an ivy league university. There is absolutely no reason why I cannot figure out how to accomplish the goal of getting to where I want to be physically. No reason at all. So while there are no earth shattering revelations or realizations, I know it is time to get back to the basics. Time to do the things I know work. Sure, they will be a little different here seeing as I have no kitchen or refrigerator. But I can make it work with a little more effort and creativity than was needed at home. I have started a 'real' journal (the kind with paper that you write in with a pen!) to store all the torrid details. But I will use this blog to share major accomplishments, set-backs, discoveries, or other random information.

This is it. It is time.

No comments: