Title

Sometimes the moments we feel most lost are the ones in which we find ourselves

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Friends in High Places!!!







I had the most wonderful weekend! My two best friends from college came to visit and I hadn’t seen them in almost 2 years. They are the kind of friends who you can go long periods of time without seeing or even talking to often, and as soon as you get back together it is just the same as if you saw each other ever day. It was so great to spend time with them and I don’t think I have laughed so hard or often ever. We did a lot of the typical Austin things, but the weather didn’t cooperate for everything. We got a good thunderstorm, but made the best of it. We ran around a lot, but it seemed like we were always eating. I mean, we went to Magnolia Café, Rudy’s, Hula Hut, Kerby Lane, Whole Foods, Alamo Drafthouse, just to name a few. I certainly ate more than I usually eat and the vast majority of it was carbs. I drank more than usual and I also didn’t really workout. I went to bootcamp Friday morning and then nothing else again until the WOD last night. But you know what? I don’t feel guilty about it. Usually I do. Usually I would let a messed up meal or day throw me off course for a month. But that has not been the case. I got right back on it yesterday and had the most amazing clean meal last night. It was comforting to know that I can go for a weekend and be “normal” in terms of going out and not being consumed by crossfit and still be ok. Now, I don’t want to make a habit of it and I won’t. But I think it is a sign of progress that I can find balance between restriction and indulgence, deprivation and over-consumption.

No comments: