Title

Sometimes the moments we feel most lost are the ones in which we find ourselves

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Athlete?

Another good start to my week. I had a good swim early on Saturday and took Sunday off. But I was out and about keeping busy so food wasn’t really an issue. I had a good workout Monday and this morning and plan on a 12 mile bike ride this afternoon. My cleans last night were much better than I feared, so that is encouraging. I need to get running again because I can definitely see and feel a difference when I do it regularly.

Mike and Zach also have me working on changing up my diet a little. Adding more fat and protein and breaking it up differently through out the day. This is evidently the “athletes approach to the zone.” I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I am an “athlete.” I have never thought of myself as one or even as someone who is overly active. I know since my activity level has increased, my body needs to have enough fuel to keep going and continue burning fat. We are just always taught that weight loss is the result of calories in vs. calories out, so adding calories always makes me cringe. But I know these guys know what they are talking about and that I am currently in a bit of a rut, despite eating clean and working my butt off. It may take me a little time to get the hang of it, but I have good teachers and I know they will help me figure it out.

I have to start looking at myself as what I want to be and am working on becoming, which is someone who is fit and healthy. Fake it till you make it, right? I think I am, I think I am, I think I am. I control my future. I choose my course.

No comments: