Title

Sometimes the moments we feel most lost are the ones in which we find ourselves

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Down to the Wire

I haven’t written anything in awhile. I guess I am just trying to figure out all the thoughts running around in my little head. I have been super busy getting everything ready for my move to New York in the fall. Flights, deposits, housing, registering for classes. I forgot how much stress and responsibility comes with going back to school! But I am super excited for it to get underway and know that the next year will be a worthwhile struggle.

As far as diet goes, I feel like I have been doing ok. Unfortunately, my body does not do ok with an ok diet. I have been maintaining for a few months now, with fluctuations of 5 pounds or so. I am not at my lowest weight, but I know some of the pounds I have put back on are muscle because my body fat is down. But I am zoning back in and trying to really hold myself accountable for my decisions, good and bad. I am trying not to beat myself up when I goof or give in, but rather relish the moments when I feel like I had a great day.

The first two weeks of July were a little jacked up in terms of workouts. It seems like on days when classes are cancelled, I find it hard to motivate myself. I am so used to having the structure of the gym that I make a million excuses when I am on my own. This worries me for New York. I am going to be on my own and 100% responsible for getting the work done. I am going to link up with an affiliate, but time and money are both going to be fairly limited. So I am going to follow the crossfit.com workouts and the ones posted by Crossfit Central. But I am just going to have to do it. It will be a great test and I know I can do it if I just commit to it.

I have 6 weeks left at Crossfit Central, which is beyond sad to me. I love those guys and I love working out there. But I know I will be back and hope to be able to continue the friendships I have made there while I am away. But I really want to use the next 6 weeks to push myself beyond where I am or have been and accomplish some of the things I have set out to do. The countdown is on and I tend to do well when I have the pressure of a deadline. I want to leave for New York feeling like I can take on anything and being 100% happy with where I am and the effort I have made.

No comments: